Approximately 5.5 million gigabytes of content is shared daily through social media and email. Want to grab a piece of that viral pie?
Here are 5 tips to help get your content moving into new hands and seen by new eyeballs:
1. Use Great Headlines. This one's a no brainer, yet it's the biggest mistake marketers tend to make. Your headline should be short enough to be readable, long enough to be interesting, interesting enough to instantly grab attention, and the more curiosity it provokes, the better.
2. Use a Story. “Buy this swell product” is never going to get shared as often as, “The Customer Service Nightmare on Elm Street” or “Redhead Finds Bliss in a Bottle.”
3. Use Visuals. Relevant, interesting visuals grab attention, heighten interest, tell a story, make content stand out in social media... do I need to go on?
4. Use Humor. Nothing gets shared as much as something that makes people chuckle - or better yet - laugh out loud. Find ways to insert humor into your content, both in the words and the visuals, and your shares will immediately go up.
5. Make It Easy to Share. Add buttons for each of the main social networks. The idea here is to keep the sharing process as easy and simple as possible. Even one extra click can result in no share.