Hopefully you are the exception to these mistakes. If you're not, take heart: 9 out of 10 online marketers make these very same mistakes. Here's how to rise above your competition and increase your bottom line simply by NOT making these 5 mistakes:
1. Spamming on social media. You opened your Twitter account with the best of intentions to Tweet valuable content and answer questions, but now nearly every tweet you send out is a link promoting a product. If this is you, then it's time for a change. Promotion is fine as long as it makes up only 20-30% of your tweets at MOST. The rest should be content rich and helpful to your followers. And this goes for every social media network, not just Twitter.
2. Not testing. You create a new squeeze page but you don't test one headline against another. Result? Every day that goes by, you are losing money. Test everything and eventually the exact same effort will yield 1.5, 2 or even 3 times the results.
3. Not asking for the sale. Whether you're looking for an opt-in, a share or a sale, tell them exactly what you want them to do. If you don't make your call-to-action clear, you will get less than stellar results every time.
4. Ignoring your current customers. Are you so busy looking for new business that you forget to pay attention to your most important asset - your current customers? These are the people who already trust you enough to have purchased at least one of your products. That's why your current customers are actually your best future prospects in the world – treat them like gold.
5. Talking about you, you and YOU. Do you know who your customers care about? Themselves. They don't care about you, only about what you can do for them. This sounds harsh, but it's true. Yes, you can tell them an anecdote about what happened to you last weekend, but it better have something in it for them. Your customers don't want you or your products, they want solutions to their problems. Remember this and you can't go wrong.