Continued from yesterday's post
Use to Teach or Provide Educational Material
17. Build an eCourse about the material. Sell the eCourse as a complete package. When you're looking for training, an eCourse can be a very valuable package of information. Not only that, it can give the person who completes the eCourse a great sense of pride for learning a new skill or increasing their ability in an area. You can create "how-to" material which is great. Taking it a step further and creating an eCourse, however, can open doors for those who complete it.
Depending on what your niche is, your eCourse could be the difference in deciding which of two job seekers actually gets the job. Offer the right training to the right people, and it can open doors for you to not only build your own business, but open new horizons for future eCourses. For your first one, just find something in your niche that you are passionate about and comfortable with. Get the right PLR material for it and share it as an awesome training course that will attract more course enrollees than you thought possible.
18. Use the materials as resources or guideline to create a coaching program or Mastermind group. Coaching and/or mentoring programs are big in many niches. Your quality PLR content can help you create that as either your main goal or an extended service. If you establish yourself as an expert with good quality PLR material, people will be interested in how you can help them. They'll read it, and they'll believe it. Coaching/mentoring can be a very profitable business in itself, and having the information to share ready and available is an excellent start.
19. Create weekly webinars. Additional value can be added by contact experts in the field and use the PLR information to help steer each webinar or interview through your questions. Webinars are a great way to become more one-on-one with your viewers. Interacting through discussions in the group sessions can help build rapport with you and your target audience. In turn, this can be beneficial both to you and your business reputability, but also in helping your clients achieve their goals as well.
20. Use the information to responds as an expert on discussion forums or places like Yahoo Answers. Be sure when you respond that you link back to your website. Forums are a great way to get yourself known, build rapport with others in the forum, and send traffic to your site. By establishing yourself as an expert, if they like what you say on the forum, you can lead them to your site for more information.
Participating in forums by answering questions will also give you greater search engine optimization. It will mean more hits for your site when someone searches through sites like Google. The more traffic you build to your site, the greater your search engine optimization grows.
When people search for your topic content, it will be YOU they find on the page. Don't be shy about it, and don't try to "sell" yourself. A forum discussion should be just that-a discussion. You don't want to make it into an advertising campaign, just an outreach to bring people to you for more answers.
21. Create a membership website. Charge a monthly subscription fee and use the information to populate your website with regular new content. If your content is valuable, people don't mind paying subscription fees. They know what they'll be getting is quality information. If people are willing to subscribe, then you know they're interested in what you have to say. Keep providing it for them, and they'll stay members. A monthly fee shouldn't be big in itself-it's in the number of members you attract. Make money by building your membership list, your profits will increase.
22. Resale the basic selling rights. First, make sure you do have the rights to resell the product, but once that has been established, provide the product, or the revised product to your list allowing them to resell it. If someone buys something from you that they can turn around and make a profit from, it will be well worth it for them to make the investment of buying the basic selling rights.
23. Offer the product as a bonus item to be purchased at a discount if they buy an original item or if you are an affiliate, add it to your affiliate page as an additional benefit the customer receives for purchasing from you. You've probably heard it said before about people's decisions to take jobs-it's not about the salary, but the benefit package. Everyone loves to receive excellent benefits in all aspects of their lives. Being able to be one of a chosen few who receive this special benefit can be an extremely good selling factor in many different situations.
24. Creatively put together multiple PLR products to provide a custom package at a higher price. Consider offering your customers a way to "build their own" custom package - with or without resale rights - for a more unique approach.
On many sites you've probably seen packages like this bundled together on various resale and product sites. You've also seen those who have their packages and even if you don't need everything in that package, you get it anyway.
Sometimes there will be something in two different packages you want, but truly don't want to purchase both. When this happens, often the sale is lost because the customer will go to where they can get only what they want. Giving your customer a way to pick and choose what they feel they need from what you have to offer can often be the difference in winning or losing the sale. PLR products are a great way to have the work done once and allow people to decide what is valuable to them.
The more the content is valuable, the more valuable you become to them and the more likely they'll be to pass on your name when they know someone is looking for something they've seen on your site to someone else. It doesn't even have to be merchandise they've purchased. If they saw it and didn't want or need it, but loved what they got from you, they'll feel comfortable suggesting the material they haven't seen.
25. Provide the product to your subscribers or high level customers at a significant discount. Everyone likes to feel special, this way it creates additional loyalty from your best customers if you regularly give them access to items no one else can get. Providing the PLR products to people you feel are special or high-level customers at a discount will make you special to them as well. They'll believe that you value them as a customer.
You know what they want and provide it to them on a regular basis. It gives them the same feeling you get when you go into your home-town diner and everyone knows you by name, knows what you want, and gives it to you the way you want it. You feel special and important and that keeps you coming back.
Research and Other Uses
26. Use the products as a give-away for individuals completing a user survey. With any business, especially online, regularly checking in with your target audience to find out their needs, likes and dislikes is useful for creating better products. You can use the PLR products to incentivize individuals to complete these surveys for you. You can use basic geographical information to actually see if those viewing your sites have changed.
Are you visitors male or female? Where are they located geographically? What ethnic background are they? These are only a few things you can find out from surveys. You can determine what they like most about or least about your business or your site. Getting material that they feel is valuable for a few minutes time answering questions can definitely seem worth it enough for them to take the short survey. You can even use it as a testing method to see which versions of your site, blog posts, or products they like best.
27. Create a contest. Maybe you are looking for a new logo for your site, a fresh take on an advertising concept, or a way to reach an new audience. Create a contest asking readers to provide you with ideas and give the winner access to a valuable PLR package or product. Contests are a great way to draw attention to your site. Everyone likes to be a winner. Remember when you were in elementary school and got a blue ribbon for reading the most books, scoring the highest on a test, creating the best project. You worked hard at it and gave it a lot of thought. The prize wasn't what mattered, it was the chance to be declared "winner."
Just because people grow up, doesn't mean they want any less to be a winner. Offer them something they get as a prize for being a winner and you'll often get some of the best ideas and concepts for new material. That's definitely a win/win situation. You're giving something away once that you've already paid for and can sell many times more. You may want to give runner-up discounts which will increase sales.
28. Give the PLR products to your affiliates as an additional resource to help them make sales. You're part of a team. What is good for one is usually good for the entire affiliate team. If you give your quality PLR products to your affiliates, it will make them more likely to share with you. This not only builds the team spirit, but it helps the entire affiliate group grow.
29. Review content in the most common PLR products to see what is missing in the market and create your own product to fill the void. This can be very profitable, and well worth the time spent reviewing content. Having material they can only get from you makes you a valuable resource. PLR products are great when you know the void, but aren't quite sure how to fill it yourself. Purchasing a quality-written piece of PLR information to fill that void, especially released before anyone else in the industry recognizes it's missing can be worth its weight in gold. PLR products are produced quickly, so finding that hole you can provide product to fill it before others have the chance to.
30. Find your audience's level of interest. Knowing what products to sell or what course of study you want to offer can often be like a shot in the dark. If, however, you purchase PLR products similar to products you want to develop, you can use them to gauge the interest level of your audience. This allows you to discover what they want before you invest time and money creating a product that may not sell. Often, you may find they want something totally different than what you imagined, and often, you'll find you were exactly right.
Either way, knowing what they want before you invest your valuable time, interest, and money can give you a clear line of direction which causes you to not only reduce the risk of a bad investment, but helps you profit from your investment at a much faster rate. There's no way you can lose by doing this. For example: If you sell fashion, and you're convinced that Fuchsia is going to be the "in" color this year and it turns out to be Aqua, you could end up with a warehouse full of varied Fuchsia colored fashions that will never sell. A simple bit of research prior to about any topic can keep huge mistakes like this from happening.
Make sure you are smart about PLR products. It's important that you make sure you are smart about PLR products. Make sure you know all the details about your rights to protect yourself in the process.
You'll also want to be sure the product you're getting is quality PLR product. You'll lose money every day that the product you have isn't purchased. Whether your desire for PLR products is due to your lack of time to create the material yourself, or whether or not you have the writing ability to produce it, buying it doesn't guarantee it will be what you want. There are a few mistakes people make when purchasing PLR material:
1. Deciding on the wrong product: You can't just randomly pick out a PLR product. You need to check out your target market and figure out what it is your customers want and need from you. What will they find valuable? By determining which type of PLR product to purchase ahead of time, you can get a product that just doesn't sell, but one that will be in high demand.
Check out other sites in your niche, join forums or discussion boards, and use your social media contacts to find out what works best as a means of relaying the information. You don't want to end up with an eBook on a subject when what your main audience wants something different. They may feel video is the way to go. This would delay your selling the product until you took the time to convert it into video.
2. Select to purchase a PLR content that is substandard: Everyone who writes likes to feel they're good at what they do. Often times, however, that isn't the way things are.
3. Not asking for samples: You need to ask for samples of previous work. You want to see the quality before you buy it. Very seldom would a woman buy a dress for a cocktail party without trying it on to see that she looked amazing in it. You need to try out the material and see for yourself that this PLR content writer can do amazing things for you.
4. Purchase PLR products they aren't comfortable with: Often a writer has talent, but they don't write in your style. You want something you can relate to, because ultimately, the product will be yours. It needs to be in a language you feel comfortable with. It's extremely difficult to "tweak" something that is written in a style opposite of yours. It's difficult to break things down or present them in audio or video presentations of any kind if you can't relate to it.
The content may be excellent and well-written material, but it needs to "feel" like it's yours for you to effectively sell it. Don't just read something and think, "Wow, this person can really write!" Read it and see if you can do it with ease. If not, you'll never be comfortable with it and it won't be a good fit for your business either.
As you can see, all-in-all, purchasing PLR products can be a great way to start selling your information to your audience, increasing site traffic, getting your business recognized for the quality business it is, and helping raise the profit margin for your business. Often times, all it takes is a one-time, quality product to get you down the road to business success. A simple first product can open many doors for you to walk through. The tips in this book prove to you that there are many ways to use quality PLR products.
Don't just take my word for it. Research, find what you want, find someone to create it, and try out a few of the tips. If you do, it's a step you won't regret.
Don't think that every one of the methods to use PLR will work for you, but be assured that there is a combination out there that will. Pick and choose. Try many different methods until you find the methods that blend into the product that you can sell. It will be a trial-and-error process, but when you meet that magic combination, you'll know it.
You'll have a great piece of PLR content that you can use both individually and in consistency with your other valuable content to have your business expand its boundaries. With the right PLR content, you won't just fly - you'll soar!